Are you looking for the least active dog breeds? Do you want a lap dog?…
We all love spoiling our furry companions, especially on a dog’s birthday. From cakes to cupcakes we’ve reviewed them for your dogs. 5 Best Dog Cakes Mixes for Dog’s Birthday just for your pups.
Just like their humans, one of the best ways to show them how much you care is to celebrate their birthday.
Don’t know your dog’s birthday? Not a problem – simply celebrate the day you adopted your furry friend. Called a “gotcha date” consider it a special day for both you and your puppy.
So grab your apron, preheat your oven and get ready to create a dog approved birthday paw-ty cake.
Want some ice cream? Try our Probiotic homemade Doggie popsicles.
Can Dogs Eat Cake Mixes?
Yes! Dogs can eat cake as long as they have dog approved ingredients. Speciality flours, vegetables, and even icing specifically for dogs can be found in pre-made dog cake mixes.
We’ve reviewed a few pre-made boxed cake mixes, but you can also make your own homemade dog cake.
What are Dog Cakes Mixes Made of?
When choosing a cake mix for your dog, you’ll want to be selective on the types of flour used in the cake. Not all flour is the same.
For example, you’ll want to avoid white flour, it’s highly processed and low in nutrients for dogs.
Instead it’s best to choose a cake mix that contain these flours:
Best Flour for Dogs:
5 Best Cakes Mixes for Dogs
It’s PAWWWWTY TIME.
1. Puppy Banana Cake Mix for Dogs
Puppy Banana Cake Mix
- Dogs and owners love this cake!
- Only needs egg, oil and water to bake.
- Can make 1 cake or multiple muffins.
- You can use this and bake it in dog molds to make doggie cookies.
- Most dogs did not suffer gastrointestinal issues.
- Dog Owners have not liked the frosting.
- We suggest you use yogurt mixed with peanut butter or mashed potatoes instead.
- If you choose to use the frosting, several owners noted to use more water.
2. Vanilla Dog Birthday Cake with Bone Shaped Dog Baking Pan
Vanilla Dog Birthday Cake with Bone Shaped Dog Baking Pan
- Owners and dogs love this cake!
- Easy to use and no consistency problems.
- This Pawty bundle is everything you need to throw your dog birthday party.
- Cake took a little bit longer to cook thank directions.
- Some owners have reported the dogs did not like the cake.
- Ribbons not included on balloons.
3. Cupcakes for Dogs Birthday Paw-ty
Cupcakes for Dogs Birthday Party
- Owners and Dogs report that they love this cupcake mix.
- Comes with reusable cupcake cups.
- They’re really haven’t been any cons reported so far.
4. Chocolate ( Carob ) Birthday Cake Kit for Dogs
Carob Birthday Cake Kit for Dogs
- Dogs have reported liking this cake mix.
- Ready in minutes in the microwave.
- Just add peanut butter or yogurt to the cake.
- Stays fresh for several days.
- Owners have a few complaints that it’s a microwave only cake.
- Because of the microwave only, some owners have complained about the texture, even though dogs have enjoyed it.
5. Red Velvet Cake Mix for Dog’s Birthday
Red Velvet Birthday Cake mix for Dogs
- Owners have reported that dogs love this cake mix.
- Cake mix didn’t cause any gastrointestinal upset in most dogs.
- Icing is little thin, but easily solved with a couple tablespoons of greek yogurt.
- Some owners have reported the cake not cooking properly.
Which Birthday Dog Cake Mix is Best?
You couldn’t go wrong with any of the dog’s birthday cake mixes we’ve reviewed, they are excellent choices.
All the cakes were Made in the USA, and contained healthy options for to help you celebrate with your pups.
My dogs especially loved the Banana cake mix with a yogurt and peanut butter frosting.
Other Dog Party Items for a Dog’s Birthday Paw-ty
Here’s a few fun Dog Birthday Supplies for your Dog’s Birthday Party.