Need some dog's birthday cakes? From cakes to cupcakes we've reviewed them for your dogs. 5 Best Dog Cakes Mixes for Dog's Birthday just for your pups.
We all love spoiling our furry companions, especially on a dog's birthday. Dogs are the best! They give us unconditional love, loyalty and affection. We all love our dogs, sometimes more than other humans.
Just like their humans, one of the best ways to show them how much you care is to celebrate with a dog's birthday cakes on their birthday.
Don’t know your dog’s birthday? Not a problem - simply celebrate the day you adopted your furry friend. Called a "gotcha date” consider it a special day for both you and your puppy.
So grab your apron, preheat your oven, and get ready to create a dog approved birthday paw-ty cake.
Want some ice cream? Try our Probiotic homemade Doggie popsicles.
Can Dogs Eat Cake Mixes?
Yes! Dogs can eat cake as long as they have dog approved ingredients. Speciality flours, vegetables, and even icing specifically for dogs can be found in pre-made dog cake mixes.
We’ve reviewed a few pre-made boxed cake mixes, but you can also make your own homemade dog cake.
What are Dogs Birthday Cakes Mixes Made of?
When choosing a cake mix for your dog, you’ll want to be selective on the flour used in the cake. Not all flour is the same.
For example, you’ll want to avoid white flour, it’s highly processed and low in nutrients for dogs.
Instead, it’s best to choose a cake mix that contains these flours:
Best Flour for Dogs Birthday Cakes:
Chickpea flour is made from dried, ground chickpeas, either roasted or raw.
This flour can have a stronger flavor and even a bitter taste. Usually mixed with coconut flour, it’s packed full of vitamins, minerals and Vitamin B6, folate, iron, manganese's, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc.
Coconut flour may or may not have a coconut taste. It’s usually mixed with another flour like Chickpea or Almond flour.
Made from ground coconut meat, it’s low processed carb, high in fiber flour.
A gluten-free flour that is made by finely grinding balanced skinned almonds. This flour is high in protein and a great source of polyunsaturate fats.
A great healthy flour used in cake mixes. This flour provides a nutrient base full of vitamins and minerals.
Lentils are safe for dogs.
They provide good nutrition for a dog’s diet. Some can cause gastrointestinal upset for dogs, so you’ll always want to start out in small amounts.
Brown Rice Flour
Brown rice flour can be made by grinding unhulled whole grain/refined brown rice.
High in fiber, with natural calcium, zinc and folate.
This flour is gluten-free. It can have a gritty texture, so mixing it with another flour can help reduce any grittiness.
I love oat flour. Made by finely grinding oats, it’s a great gluten-free flour for dog cakes.
Quinoa flour is an excellent source of minerals. Some cakes mix contain quinoa flour.
Whole Wheat Flour
Easy to find in the store, it contains a protein called gluten.
Whole wheat flour is made by grinding up whole wheat kernels, which means the flour holds the full nutritional value of a range of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
5 Of the Best Cake Mixes for Dogs Birthday Parties
1. Puppy Banana Cake Mix for Dogs
A cake or several dog treats. Puppy Cake is the best dog's birthday cake.
- Made in the USA
- All Natural Birthday Cake
- Featured on Shark Tank
- Can be Baked or Microwaved
- Includes Frosting
- Dogs and owners love this cake!
- Only needs egg, oil and water to bake.
- Can make 1 cake or multiple muffins.
- You can use this and bake it in dog molds to make doggie cookies.
- Most dogs did not suffer gastrointestinal issues.
- Dog Owners have not liked the frosting.
- We suggest you use yogurt mixed with peanut butter or mashed potatoes instead.
- If you choose to use the frosting, several owners noted to use more water.
2. Vanilla Dog Birthday Cake with Bone Shaped Dog Baking Pan
Vanilla Cake with bone pan, balloons and 3 balls!
- 100% Natural Cake Mix
- Silicone Dog Pan
- 3 Balls and balloons
- Family owned business
- Owners and dogs love this cake!
- Easy to use and no consistency problems.
- This Pawty bundle is everything you need to throw your dog's birthday party.
- Cake took a little bit longer to cook thank directions.
- Some owners have reported the dogs did not like the cake.
- Ribbons not included in balloons.
3. Cupcakes for Dogs Birthday Paw-ty
Everything you need to make your dog's tail wag with joy.
- Includes cake and frosting.
- Made in the USA with human grade ingredients.
- All natural ingredients
- Every sale helps homeless pets.
- Owners and Dogs report that they love this cupcake mix.
- Comes with reusable cupcake cups.
- They're really haven't been any cons reported so far.
4. Chocolate ( Carob ) Birthday Cake Kit for Dogs
Dogs love a birthday party too. Help them celebrate with a bone shaped cake.
- All natural dog cake mixes.
- Made in the USA.
- Includes a silicone bone shaped cake pan.
- Even includes a candle!
- Yogurt frosting is included.
- Microwavable only.
- Dogs have reported liking this cake mix.
- Ready in minutes in the microwave.
- Just add peanut butter or yogurt to the cake.
- Stays fresh for several days.
- Owners have a few complaints that it's a microwave only cake.
- Because of the microwave only, some owners have complained about the texture, even though dogs have enjoyed it.
5. Red Velvet Cake Mix for Dog's Birthday
Even your dog will enjoy a red velvet cake mix.
- All natural wheat free.
- Made in the USA
- Can be baked or microwavable.
- Just add egg, oil, and water.
- Includes frosting.
- Owners have reported that dogs love this cake mix.
- Cake mix didn't cause any gastrointestinal upset in most dogs.
- Icing is a little thin, but easily solved with a couple tablespoons of Greek yogurt.
- Some owners have reported the cake not cooking properly.
Which Birthday Dog Cake Mix is Best?
You couldn't go wrong with any of the dog's birthday cake mixes we've reviewed, they are excellent choices.
All the cakes were made in the USA and contained healthy options for helping you celebrate with your pups.
My dogs especially loved the Banana cake mix with a yogurt and peanut butter frosting.