Simple and easy to make cute You, Me & the Dog sign. Complete with free instructions.
Making a You, Me & the Dog sign
Do you love dogs? Or doing DIY dog signs? Do you have dog signs or pictures around your house?
Are you a dog lover that loves all kinds of dogs? Big dogs, small dogs, medium dogs and don’t care about dog hair!
If you answered yes, then you’re in the right place for making this super cute Cricut You, Me & the Dog Dog’s sign.
You can easily make this print on a sign, treat canisters, or even a T-shirt! No dog lover should be without a cute dog sign hanging around the house.
After making this sign, here's a fun DIY Jean Dog Toy that you can easily make in about 10 minutes' time.
So let's get started on this super cute and fun project.
Materials Needed for DIY Dog Sign.
2x3x8 wood (Cut into 2 ½ inch blocks) - you can easily cut your own blocks or you can purchase some pre-cut. Another option is to find some at the thrift store or dollar stores and paint over them.
Black Matte Chalk Paint - while this project uses black chalk paint, you can use any color you like.
1 sheet white Oracal 651 sticker vinyl - I prefer the Oracal vinyl paper for Cricut projects. However, you can use any vinyl you prefer.
Blue Cricut mat - the blue Cricut mat is the light mat that has the right amount of grip to hold your vinyl firmly in place while cutting. It also allows for easier removal of lightweight materials.
Weeding tool - I LOVE these precision pen weeding tools! They are my favorite pen like weeding tool that makes the smallest of weeding pieces easy to pull.
Cricut machine - I use the Cricut Maker. However, you can easily use an Explorer, Silhouette, or whatever you find easiest.
Paw Print PNG/SVG - I have attached the free Paw Print SVG below.
You, Me, and the Dogs PNG/SVG - the You, Me and the Dog's SVG is attached below.
Transfer tape - transfer tape will help you get your SVG project all lined up properly on your wood block.
Scraper Tool - this incredibly handy tool will help to lay your design out flat and spread out any air bubbles in your project.
Sand paper - Sand paper is used to make your blocks feel smooth. It will help to have your design stick better to the block of wood.
Plastic drop sheet - a drop sheet will help you keep everything in one place and make cleanup super easy. It's been a big help for those times I've accidentally knocked something over.
Paint Brush - paint brushes are a staple in a crafters home. I've used these paint brushes for everything from crafts, this sign and even cleaning small areas at home.
Directions for Dog Sign
Start by cutting the wood into 2 ½ inch squares. Use sand paper to rub around the edges to smooth out the wood. Place the wood blocks on the plastic drop sheet. Paint the blocks with chalk paint. Let dry for about an hour or two.
Using the Cricut design space. Upload the .png or .svg files and make them 2″ inch by 2″ inch to fit the wood sign. Set the machine to cut on vinyl setting.
Place the white vinyl on the blue Cricut mat. Cut and weed the design with the weeding tool. I like to keep the designs basic for easy weeding since these wood blocks are small.
- Use the transfer tape by placing the same size piece over the design.
- Next use the scraper tool to scrape the design then remove it slowly.
- Pull back, then place on the wood block.
- Scrape well with scraper tool.
- Slowly pull back, making sure the design sticks.
- Repeat this process for the other wood Cricut sign.
Here's your Free "You, Me and the Dog's" SVG files
- 2x3x8 wood (Cut into 2 ½ inch blocks)
- Black matte chalk paint
- 1 sheet white oracal 651 sticker vinyl
- Blue cricut mat
- Weeding tool
- Cricut machine
- Paw Print PNG/SVG
- You, Me, and the Dogs PNG/SVG
- Transfer tape
- Scraper Tool
- Sand paper
- Plastic drop sheet
- Paint Brush
- Cricut, Silhouette or other crafting machine.
- Weeding Tool
- Scrapper Tool
- Start by cutting the wood into 2 ½ inch squares.
- Use sand paper to rub around the edges to smooth out the wood.
- Place the wood blocks on the plastic drop sheet. Paint the blocks with chalk paint. Let dry for about an hour or two.
- Using the cricut design space. Upload the png or svg files and make them 2″ inch by 2″ inch to fit the wood sign. Set the machine to cut on vinyl setting.
- Place the white vinyl on the blue cricut mat. Cut and weed the design with the weeding tool. I like to keep the designs basic for easy weeding since these wood blocks are small.