Making homemade dog biscuits is easy and fun, and it's a great way to bond with your dogs.
By involving your kids or partner you can make it a fun family activity for everyone.
Plus by baking your dog treats at home, you control the ingredients, quality and quantity, ensuring your dog's health and wellbeing.
Cheesy oat homemade dog biscuits are an excellent treat for your furry friend that combines the goodness of cheese and oats in a biscuit that is sure to be devoured in no time.
This crunchy cheesy oat homemade dog biscuit contains all the essential nutrients that your dog needs to stay healthy and active.
Plus, this recipe for homemade dog biscuits made with cheesy oat flavor is sure to get tails wagging!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links (Amazon Associate or other programs we take part in). As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Ingredients for Cheesy Oat Homemade Dog Biscuits
- Whole Wheat Flour - whole wheat flour is packed full of fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals. All good stuff for your pup!
- Old Fashioned Oats - old fashioned oats provide a beneficial fiber to help your dog feel full and satisfied.
- Mexican Cheese - yes, your dog can eat Mexican cheese. You'll want to make sure the Mexican cheese doesn't contain any toxic ingredients like chives.
- Parmesan Cheese - parmesan is safe for dogs provided your dog isn't lactose intolerant.
- Unsweetened Apple Sauce - unsweetened applesauce is a staple in dog treats.
- Olive Oil
- Water - you may add more water if needed, to get the consistency you like.
How to Make Homemade Dog Treats
To make these easy homemade dog treats, Cheesy Oat Homemade Dog Biscuits, you will need to gather a few simple ingredients and follow a straight forward recipe.
- Combine flour, oats and cheese ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Add in unsweetened applesauce, olive oil and water.
- Roll the mixture out and use a cookie cutter to create biscuit shapes.
- Bake the biscuits in the oven until golden brown and let them cool before serving to your furry friend.
Begin by combining flour, oats and cheese into a mixing bowl.
Add cheeses, unsweetened apple sauce, olive oil and water.
Once you have mixed all the ingredients, it's time shape the dough into a ball and roll it out.
Using a cup or your favorite cookie cutter, place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake until fully cooked and let them cool.
Feed them to your excited pup!
Why We Use Dog Treat Cookie Cutters for Dog Biscuits
I prefer to use dog shaped cookie cutters to create biscuit shapes.
This step is crucial in giving the biscuits an attractive and uniform appearance, making them more appealing for both pets and their owners.
By using a cookie cutter it also ensures an even thickness for the biscuits, promoting even cooking and a crisp texture.
When rolling out the dough, it's best to lightly flour your work surface and the cookie cutter to prevent the mixture from sticking, which may distort the shapes or damage the texture of the biscuits.
When using a cookie cutter to create biscuit shapes, it is recommended to place them closely together on a baking sheet to save time and energy while achieving a more efficient baking process.
Recipe for Cheesy Oat Homemade Dog Biscuits
Cheesy Oat Homemade Dog Biscuits
Homemade dog treats are an excellent way to pamper your pets. These Cheesy Oat Homemade Dog Biscuits are full of flavor to get your dog's tail wagging.
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- ⅓ Cup Mexican Cheese, Shredded
- ⅓ Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- ⅓ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ⅓ Cup Water, okay to add more, if needed
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
2. In large bowl, mix together flour, oats, and both cheeses. Then add in wet
ingredients to form ball.
3. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to ¼ inch thickness and cut with cookie
cutter. Place on prepared baking sheet, can place close together since they
will not spread.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes, once done baking shut off oven and let harden for 15
minutes. Let cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
House that Barks does not provide a warranty, express, or implied in relation to any recipes on this website. The recipes are House that Barks personal experiences in making them and feeding to their dogs. Please make note that your dogs may have allergies or other conditions that may make these recipes unsuitable for them or their lifestyle. Please consult with your veterinarian. Use your own judgement when feeding these recipes to your dog. House that Barks is not liable for any upset stomachs or any other outcomes because of experimenting with our recipes on this site.
Making homemade dog treats, like these Cheesy Oat Homemade Dog Biscuits, is a fun and rewarding activity for both you and your furry friend.
Cheesy Oat Homemade Dog Biscuits, in particular, are a great option, as they are easy to make, healthy and delicious.
By following this recipe you can be certain your dog is getting a homemade dog treat that is not only tasty, but also beneficial for their health.
So, give these biscuits a try and watch your dog wag their tail with joy!
Leave a Reply